At the beginning of the 20th Century, the citizens of Bauple felt the need for Christian Fellowship and witness in the town, so the Bauple Christian Endeavour Society was formed.
Soon it was decided to erect their own hall as meetings were held in the Mackellar dining room or at the sugar mill. Faithful members took turns in leading Wednesday night devotions for many years, and open air meetings were also held outside the shop opposite the mill during “the crushing”.
As Christian Endeavour is an inter-denominational organization, a big rally was held here near St. Patrick’s Day each year, when members from surrounding centres would gather for evangelistic services with a guest speaker. Services were held twice a month by the Presbyterian home Missionary from Tiaro, and Mr. Willy Ashton, Miss Ada MacKellar, Mr. Claude & Mr. Charles Cunningham conducted services on the other Sundays. Junior and Intermediate Christian Endeavour were led by Mrs Edith MacKellar on Sunday mornings.
In the early 1950’s the trustees were instructed to convey the property to the Presbyterian Church of Queensland for safe keeping. Miss Gladys MacKellar faithfully continued to conduct Sunday School for many more years, and most Bauple children experienced her Christian love and care.
1977 marked the commencement of the Uniting Church in Australia. By this time the manse had been sold at Tiaro, and Ministers came from Maryborough to conduct services.
In 1995, after 90 years of use and thus requiring expensive repairs, the original building was removed to make way for a newer model.
The centenary of St. Andrew’s Tiaro was celebrated on 10th May 1985.
The present St. Andrew’s church at Bauple was relocated from Enoggera Parish in 1995 and continues to serve the people of the Country Congregation.